Saturday, December 12, 2009

Here is my final project for Nino. We did it based off of the Roald Dahl book The BFG (The Big Friendly Giant). It was a group project and it was awesome. I learned so much and it was a great experience because we presented in groups in front of a panel of industry pros and we got some really insightful feedback.
I was assigned the main character Sophie, the Giant Country environment, and a story moment of Sophie's first trip to The BFG's cave. As a group we decided to try to maintain a storybook style, so we've incorporated line and flat painting and texture. I actually stumbled upon a style when I created Sophie and from there created the look for the project. Trying to communicate to my group how I made my character and how they should take those elements and use them in their drawings was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but like I said great experience.






1 comment:

John Morales said...

Wow!!! This is some REALLY good stuff!! I had no idea you are into drawing and animation!! I'm at Ex'pression college right now in the Animation Visual Effects program.